Discover more from Jobs Abroad Bulletin
JAB / 115 / May 2023: The Big List Of 23/24 Ski Resort Employers
Not everyone advertises their vacancies in the Jobs Abroad Bulletin, but rather than be sore about it we share vacancies we find in other publications here every month. We have an international readership but please be aware that not every job is open to everyone and official pieces of paper may be required.
| Chiang Rai, Thailand |
We know these emails are long but we want to send as many global vacancies to you as we can. Don’t forget to view the entire message if you are reading this via email. If you are not reading this by email, why not give it a go?👇
* Teaching Adventures Made Simple; Join Our All-inclusive TEFL Internships In Europe, Asia & South America.
Can’t Wait Until The Next Issue Of JAB?
The Jobs Abroad Bulletin now has an accompanying Facebook Group where we can share the paid and voluntary vacancies we find around the world more frequently. Join us and other members there.
⭐️Speak Teens English Summer Camps
ITALY > Spend your summer in the beautiful Italian countryside at Speak’s adventure filled camp, forming lifelong friendships and leaving with unforgettable memories. Speak is looking for Teen Anglos who are willing to get stuck in and who are friendly, chatty and sociable for their week long summer camps beginning in June and July. Native English speakers, aged 12 to 17, from around the world, will be joining English Learners for a diverse and innovative English language immersion programme. There are more English immersion programmes for other age groups coming up around Europe listed on our website.
⭐️Demonstrate English In Action On Short Term Teaching Contracts
EUROPE > After meeting a woman on a train just back from India teaching English, Alice Teacake quit her job, booked herself on a TEFL course, and found herself a new job teaching in South Korea. Since then, she’s kept herself travelling by teaching English in other countries, working online, and even as a burlesque dancer in Shanghai.
One job she took, allowing her to travel around Europe, from one place to the next, was with English in Action. They regularly employ qualified EFL teachers on short, one week to two month fixed term contracts. EiA covers flights, weekly pay, a cash subsistence allowance, in-country travel, plus accommodation in a local guest house or hotel on a bed and breakfast basis.
Applicants should hold teaching, TESOL or CELTA qualifications, and have a UK or EU passport and a UK bank account. New teachers will usually be offered initial contracts in Austria, Italy, Spain, Slovenia, Croatia, Germany and Czech Republic.
⭐️Volunteering To Aid Refugees In Greece
GREECE > A list of seven NGOs helping refugees in Greece that was originally featured in this newsletter has been updated and added to our main website. Survival help to refugees and other vulnerable groups is given by these organisations, who are in turn helped by generous volunteers. Obviously and reasonably, any donations received by these NGOs are spent on helping refugees so all the costs related to living expenses, transport, and accommodation are usually borne by volunteers. Discounted housing may sometimes be available or help is often given with finding somewhere to live nearby.
⭐️ESL Teaching Jobs In China
CHINA > We’ve always offered free advertising space on our website to employers and recruiters. We also have a paid featured option when, once in a while, we get to do our we can eat this week dance. It’s certainly a sight to behold. Sedentary newsletter editors of a certain age should take more care moving like that.
Teaching jobs in China is the one exception to our free option. There are too many bad schools and practices there that we decided long ago they weren’t worth the trouble. We don’t know much about Jiaruitian (Beijing) Human Resources Co Ltd, but they have dipped into their pockets in their search for new and enthusiastic teachers to come and join their team so they make it onto big site and we get to do this.
Let Your Love of Pets Take You Anywhere
| Advert | Trusted Housesitters |
This is Maggie. Maggie is our neighbour’s dog. She comes into our garden whether we like it or not. Luckily we like Maggie. And she likes us. She waits on our doorstep until we have finished the Jobs Abroad Bulletin and can play with her. All around the world owners of dogs like Maggie need someone to look after them while their owners are away. In return, pet sitters get to stay for free with adorable animals in unique homes around the world. Join TrustedHousesitters to sit as often as you like, wherever you like.
⭐️Bear Sanctuary Assistants
KOSOVO > Four Paws is looking for an animal care assistant and an education assistant to make a difference to the 20 bears and one lion residing in their sanctuary in Prishtina. The European Solidarity Corps programme will pick up the tab for visas, food, accommodation, travel, and health insurance. Plus, you will receive a small amount of pocket money monthly. Yay! Thanks to that mother fucker Boris Johnson, UK residents can no longer take part in an ESC placement. Boo!
⭐️Get Ready For Ski Season 23/24 Jobs In Europe
EUROPE > Though the end of the ski season after parties have barely ended, for some businesses recruitment has already begun. Most other companies will join in by around the end of May with, for some, the process continuing into early next year to replace drop outs or staff injured in skiing accidents.
Seasonal recruitment is by its very nature cyclical and, combined with the cynical nature of your editor, presents a great opportunity
to copy and paste our way towards a fair chunk of the word count for this issue get ahead of the game by revisiting jobs we’ve shared in past issues of JAB in the expectation those employers will have similar requirements for the 2023/24 ski season.
An increasing number of employers in France will apply for or assist with getting a Carte de Séjour for applicants from the UK. If you are aged 18 to 30 (35 years for Canada) and a national of the country with which France has a bilateral agreement you may be able to head to the slopes holding a working holiday visa. These countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Peru, New Zealand, Russia, Taiwan, and Uruguay. Switzerland may also be an option for Brits looking for work with UK based ski companies.
Below is our list of some of the tour and chalet operators, bars, transfer companies, childcare agencies and other ski holiday related business we can expect to see recruiting in the coming months, even if they haven’t yet updated their websites for next season.
* Three ski holiday brands, Inghams Ski, Esprit Ski and Santa's Lapland, should begin recruiting in the next couple of weeks via www.workaseason.com.
* Part of the TUI group, Crystal Ski Holidays is active in resorts across Europe, including Finland and Bulgaria, but France or Italy will be your most likely destination.
* Skiworld will want resort managers, chalet managers, chalet chefs, chalet hosts, and maintenance people to staff their operations in France and Austria. Recruitment for next season usually starts up again in July but you can register your interest here.
* At the time of writing Neilson is still focused on the summer but this should change soon. They have readied their website in anticipated for winter 23/24. and those interested in management, hospitality, kitchen, guiding and childcare positions can register their interest via this form.
* Scott Dunn has come a long way from operating out of the terraced house on the same street in Tooting Bec, London, where JAB crashed on a mate’s floor. When we looked at their website towards the end of April there were no winter vacancies advertised but submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and they say they will keep in touch.
* Kaluma is an owner managed, boutique ski chalet operator working in St Anton am Arlberg and Courchevel 1850. Chefs, chalet hosts and drivers with EU documents are taken on here.
* My Travelling Nanny is an agency specialising in placing Nannies in temporary placements with families off on their holidays, including to ski resorts. They say this is a perfect job for someone with flexible work patterns or long holidays such as teachers or students.
* Merinannies started in Meribel but has expanded its operations across the 3 Valleys and into the Mont Blanc and Grand Massif ski areas. They can also place nannies in Switzerland and Austria. Applicants should be at least 24.
* The portfolio of Bramble Ski can be found in resorts in France, Austria and Switzerland. They look for people with an innate ability to serve with a smile, be it Michelin star trained chefs or hosts with five star hotel housekeeping experience.
* Mountain Heaven has already begun their 23/24 seasonal staff search for their chalets in Switzerland and France. Couples or singles are sought.
* New Generation is an international ski and snowboard school that operates in France, Switzerland, and Austria. They have a careers page for ski instructors at www.skinewgen.com/careers/.
* The imaginatively named ‘The Ski Company’ was started by Gerald C Shirt who ran his first ski trip back in 1984. Providing winter sports holidays to Switzerland, Austria and Italy, customers have included the Met Police, the British fire brigade, the NHS, a large selection of universities and schools from Kenya, Shanghai, Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, Dubai, Oman, the UK and around the world. Their jobs page simply said coming soon when we looked.
* There are some excellent Facebook groups out there to aid a ski season job search and ask for advice. Among those we are a member or use from time to time are Ski Resort Jobs, Ski Season Jobs 23/24 - French & Swiss Alps, Ski & Snowboard Jobs, Winter 2023/24 Ski Season Bar Jobs, Ski/Summer Industry Jobs, Ski & Snowboard Instructor Jobs, and Global Seasonaire Network. More groups specific to French resorts can be found at the bottom of the France section.
* Greycoat Lumleys has a Ski and Yacht department, usually making their placements to private chalets. Silver Swan Recruitment covers the ski season too, as does Golden Goose Recruitment. Cooks, chefs and other private household staff may find placements in homes in the Alps with the Sugarella Cooks & Staff Agency.
* Ski Famille will shortly open applications for winter 2023/24 with interviews beginning in June. This long established business is a good option in particular for childcare staff but most winter season roles are covered here. Another long established independent family run company to try is Snowcoach. They operate two hotels in the French Alps.
* Ski Beat are a small team, so there’s no room for coasting along here. If they haven’t already, they’ll soon begin hiring for next season and have dedicated information for people applying from Ireland, France, Poland and Britain, a reflection of the excellent recruitment website you’d expect from people who originally came out to France to do a season themselves. Here’s a video.
* Despite being a small company, Flexiski’s European destinations are Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Norway, but it is in France where they say they offer a whole host of roles across their chalets each winter. Le Ski also has a number of different job titles to hand out to successful applicants heading to their chalets in Val d’Isere, Courchevel 1650 and La Tania.
* Tim might take you on in La Tania. Pub Le Ski Lodge’s sparse website doesn’t include employment information but send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for front of house or kitchen positions. A Carte de Sejour or EU passport is desirable but not essential.
| Pub Le Ski Lodge |
* Family Ski suggest popping back to their website in late May when they will be opening up their recruitment process for winter 23/24. For the past few seasons, they have employed around 50 British citizens and say the process was quite simple.
* Next winter Alpine Ethos will have a team of 24 wonderful people, who should be mature, friendly, experienced, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic. Applications are welcome now from individuals, pairs of friends or couples to join them in Meribel and La Tania. Snow Retreat is another option.
* Ski Olympic have already begun recruiting for next season and will continue doing so throughout the whole summer, including face to face interviews in the UK, to select the right individuals to join their already established team in Les Arcs.
* Consensio Chalets is already looking for individuals with a five star mentality to join them for winter 23/24 in Val d’Isère, Méribel and Courchevel. You can bring your dog if you’re in a position that comes with its own apartment.
* A family run luxury holiday company, Simply Morzine recruits chefs, hosts, reps, drivers and maintenance staff for winter and summer season employment with the promise you will be treated as an individual, not a number.
* Another Morzine option is Elevation Alps. Most of their guests speak English but they also have French, Dutch and German speaking guests too. They say to their prospective employees you will find a welcoming and understanding environment if English is not your first language but you want to improve.
* Joining TG Ski in one of their collection of chalets in Morzine and Meribel begins by filling in their application form. They state that they keep a reserve list for when they require short term cover, or lose staff to injury, and will talk you through the options should you wish to join the team after the start of the winter season.
* Treeline will be looking for talented and motivated individuals to join their winter team from now onwards. All applicants must appreciate how small businesses operate, excel in customer facing roles and have a positive attitude to help with all tasks that face the team.
* Chalet staff can also earn their living in Morzine with AliKats Mountain Holidays. They often advertise in JAB and already have downloadable job descriptions for next season available on their website.
* Other businesses in Morzine include Ski Morzine and Riders Refuge. We see Riders as a candidate for having a few vacancies for chefs but their website is very out of date so their Facebook might be a better line of investigation. Restaurant Le Clin d’Oeil and Mountain Spaces might need chefs too, though neither mentions it on their websites. Here’s More Mountain positions for chalet host couples and apartment assistants.
* Mountain Spaces also list a few places in Morzine that nannies might wish to check out, including Cheeky Monkeys. Hard times recently seem to have done for a number of other agencies that once could have provided work in France but Jelly and Ice Cream are still around. Try them if looking to work in Val d’Isère, Tignes, Sainte Foy, Meribel and Courchevel.
* Alpine Child Care act as an introductory agent connecting self employed nannies with families looking for child care for their ski holidays. You’ll receive 20 Euros per hour for the jobs you are chosen for.
* We nearly missed out Meribel Nanny Services for childcare jobs in the Alps, perhaps because other than an aimed at parents mention of their exhaustive recruitment process in the off season - for friendly, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic individuals - they don’t provide a job description. A look at this post on their Facebook page, dated around this time last year, will provide more info on their requirements and an email address to send in CVs.
* Alpine Shine’s website isn’t particularly up to date but attacking an array of different cleaning tasks at different properties in Meribel is something they still very much do. To help with this, they hire experienced, hard working cleaning assistants with excellent attention to detail to work the winter season.
* The Tasty Ski Company has a little bit of employment information at the bottom of their contact page. They are in the Grand Massif and Morzine.
* Premier Neige is the Sainte Foy ski holiday specialist. They will need skilled maintenance personnel, housekeepers, drivers, chalet hosts and a concierge person. Black Diamond Lodge may also need people in the same resort.
* SkiWeekends specialise in short break ski holidays. Their ski season job vacancies generally revolve around their chalets in some of the biggest ski areas in the French Alps.
* Chalet Chardons will consider applicants up to two years in advance for their winter skiing and snowboarding jobs in Tignes and Val d’Isere. They will be recruiting in the UK, most usually in the Bristol area, though they do run recruitment sessions in other areas of the UK, during the spring, summer and autumn for the next season and hold a reserve list for late applicants. For chalet couples looking to work in Tignes, White Horizon is another option.
* Tignes is where Mark Warner sends their winter holidaymakers. Their website says they are currently looking for early years leaders. Your role will vary from entertaining little ones in their in-house crèches to offering a drop and collect service for older children heading to ski school.
* Ski technicians, workshop crew, admin assistants, sales and marketing gurus, drivers, and boot fitters are some of the roles to be had with Tignes Spirit, a snowboard and ski equipment delivery business with fingers in other pies.
| Tignes Spirit |
* Each winter many of their team of chalet hosts, chefs, room assistants and nannies return to Chilly Powder for another season in Morzine-Avoriaz but, for new staff, they say they begin their recruitment process nice and early so that they can find the best of the best to work with them. Skiology and Northstar Chalets are other options in Morzine.
* MorzineLets also hires airport transfer drivers. Other positions include chefs, waiting and bar staff. Applications will be processed from September 2023. Getaway Vans may also have winter driving and admin positions. Drivers should be over 25 years of age and have at least two years of professional driving experience.
* SeeMorzine.com and Morzine Avoriaz can be used to research Morzine and find more business there, or just go directly to this jobs page, which was starting to see a few more new adverts. Alptitude Chalets were advertising when we checked it out a few weeks ago. Another time, we found Hunter Chalets there. They are currently sharing their 23/24 staffing requirements in the resort and Les Gets here.
* Les Gets is a family friendly French village a few minutes from the livelier Morzine. Chalet jobs there may be found with Rush Adventures, and Mountain & Tradition. The latter provides a handy guide to working a season including a step by step guide for Brits applying for a visa to work in France and allows other companies to use their jobs pages too - though nobody was when we looked on this occasion. We have seen other companies use it in the past though. These have included Host Savoie, but while they still profile their core team, they’ve removed the link if not the words to their join us page.
* VIP Ski should soon be looking ahead to the next ski season and their operations team will be reviewing all applications in the early summer. They have over 40 properties across Avoriaz, Morzine, Les Gets, Arc 1950 and Val d'Isere. There's a wide variety of jobs on offer so if you think you have what it takes and would like to be considered for a position they invite your CV and a cover letter stating which role you wish to apply for and why.
* Reach 4 the Alps have made all their chalets self catering, reducing their staff needs, but they may need housekeepers and someone to drive a minibus around the resort on occasion and do airport transfers.
* Experienced drivers, preferably licenced to drive a minibus, can find work taking holidaymakers between Geneva airport and their French ski resort destination. Alpybus drivers serve Chamonix, Morzine and, across the Swiss border, Verbier, the last of which comes with accommodation. Mountain Drop-offs also serves Chamonix and Morzine. Try also Chamexpress. Large tour operators also often recruit their own dedicated driving staff.
* Collineige will soon be looking for people to join their enthusiastic small team of chefs and reps, many of whom come back to join them for a second or even third season in Chamonix.
* Stanford Skiiing’s website stated that they are fully staffed for 2022/23 when we looked but this should be updated soon, if it isn’t already, as we usually spot them advertising their vacancies in Megeve at this time of year.
* Hotel Christiania, in Les Gets, is continually on the search for enthusiastic hard working and flexible staff for their winter (and summer) season. If you have some hospitality experience whether in the kitchen, front of house or in housekeeping then they would love to hear from you. British applicants passing their Zoom interview will be assisted with getting a French work visa.
* Jack and Jill Holidays look for mature candidates with a bit of life experience for chalet host and transfer driver roles in both Morzine and Les Gets.
* Neighbour to Morzine and Les Gets, Châtel is also part of the vast Portes du Soleil ski area and that’s where you’ll be based if Clarian Chalets accept your application.
* Winter jobs in Skibound’s three club hotels in Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier will go live on their website in June. In the meantime, register your interest here.
* Massage Me, who offer a wide variety of treatments in French ski resorts will be aiming for their staff to wow customers with their faultless service and awesome skills. They are already looking for enthusiastic and professional massage and beauty therapists to join their team for 23/24.
* The Chalets Direct Job forum is mostly jobs wanted ads but a few jobs offered can be found too, mostly posted by smaller businesses. We found Snow Trippin hunting for chalet staff to work a season in the 3 Valleys here.
* The renowned Dick’s Tea Bar will be familiar to anyone that has worked a season in Val d’Isere. The club and bar have been popular with the resort’s season workers since it opened in 1979 and hires staff from around the world to serve its international clientele. Recent teams have included staff from the UK, France, Scandinavia, Australia and Brazil. Interviews are usually held over Skype each September. Successful candidates will be required in Val d’Isere from mid November.
* Billed as the ‘dance floor on top of the world’ La Folie Douce is one of Europe’s most famous après-ski bars in Europe. Represented in resorts including Val d’Isere, Val Thorens, Meribel, St Gervais-Megeve and Alpe d’Huez, they take on numerous staff including cashiers, kitchen assistants, admin staff, security, writers, dancers and DJ. Select a destination and scroll to the bottom for links to employment information.
* 600 kilometres of piste make the Three Valleys the largest ski area in the world, and a happy hunting ground for ski job seekers. Courchevel, Meribel and Val Thorens are the biggest resorts in the area but La Tania and St Martin de Belleville might also be worth a look see. Of those, and the clue is in the name, Meriski focuses its efforts on Meribel. Chalet chefs, hosts and drivers/hospitality assistants are the roles offered here with consideration given to applicants from the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Ski Basics is another option in Meribel.
* Ski Blanc will also consider Brits, Australians and Kiwis, plus Canadians and South Africans, in their chalets in Meribel. They employ couples, one as a chalet chef, experienced in the kitchen and able to cook confidently to a high standard, the other, experienced in front of house and housekeeping, will be the host. Another prospect in the same resort for couples is Alpine Action. If you prefer to run a chalet with your own individual flair, try Ski Cuisine.
* Alp Leisure’s chalets in Courchevel and Meribel need motivated, exceptional people to join their seasonal team to provide excellent levels of service for their guests. Their seasonal roles are for chalet managers, hosts, chefs, chauffeurs and a maintenance team. The same two resorts are also the temporary home of the 30 employees working for Alpine Infusion. Purple Ski’s upcoming vacancies can also be found in Meribel, plus Val d’Isere. Mountain Rooms and Chalets is also in Val.
* Chefs preferring to work in La Plagne can try Alpoholics. Other roles are available here too. In the same resort, couples that have been together for at least two years can find work with Alpine365.
* SkiHiver recruit both individuals and pairs who can commit to working from December to April in their chalets in La Plagne and Les Arcs. They will organise working visas for any successful UK applicants but as it still takes a little time to process, you need to apply in June or July to ensure a smooth process.
* European Pubs, owners and operators of four venues - Jacks, Copiña Méribel, Copiña Courchevel and Hôtel Les Grangettes - is calling all bartenders, servers, chefs, hotel assistants and anyone with a passion for hospitality to work in the 3 Valleys. English is a must, conversational French is preferred and Spanish is a bonus. Happy Hours Bar have a short message and form on their website if you are looking for a bar job in Morzine.
* It’s difficult linking to one source of information for jobs with the Saloon Group, made up of several bars in Val Thorens. We couldn’t find anything on their website so perhaps it’s best to just keep an eye on their Insta or Facebook page. This recruitment form is from last year but gives information on the positions that may be going in the coming months. In the past, they’ve held interviews in Denmark, Sweden, Portugal and Ireland. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A pop up on the website of Meribel’s Le Rond Point, aka The Ronnie, states that they are closed for the summer but to come join their team for winter 23/24. However, the link was shonky when clicked but this old social media post says they will probably be wanting front of house staff, floor staff, chefs, KPs and housekeepers.
* The Alpine Generation have 25 properties in four resorts in France and, as previous career breakers themselves, are always interested to hear from couples and individuals who are looking to do the same and join their chalet teams for five months next winter.
* We frequently spotted Buildmyskitrip.com recruiting last season. They require chalet hosts for both the full season as well as chalet hosts for shorter periods.
* This accommodation directory with contact details and locations in Val Thorens might divvy up a few leads there. Alpine Escape and Ski Magic are two of the employers that might be paying your wages in Courchevel next season.
* Cold Fusion Chalets is the largest operator of singles ski and solo snowboard holidays in the French Alps, promising a family and child free environment in all of their ski chalets in Chamonix, Morzine and Les Houches. They have employment information on their website but also display current vacancies on JustJobs247.
* Oxygene will support partly qualified ski instructors to the end of their ski instructor qualification by offering a free instructor uniform and lift pass, an attractive rate of pay, a guarantee of 300 hours of teaching and fair distribution of lessons. Qualified instructors can join their team of French and English speaking ski and snowboard instructors in Paradiski, Val d’Isere, Megeve and the Three Valleys. Other positions are detailed here in French.
* A smart title for an unsophisticated chore of a job, the plongeur essentially does the washing up. Foreign languages are generally unnecessary – if you could speak French you wouldn’t have fallen for the fancy job title, would you? YSE may need plongeurs in Val d’Isère, combining the role with chauffeuring their guests around the French ski resort. They employ other staff too for their 19 chalets and should have begun recruiting for next season by the time this issue is sent.
* Other nationalities visit Val d’Isère too. Danish company Nortlander, for instance, hires guides, bar staff and chefs. The website seems to be only in Danish now so how we know this, I can’t remember.
* Vie Val d’Is is an association for season workers living in Val d’Isère. Some of their web pages are in English but you’ll need to speak French to read their job offers.
* Housekeepers, reps and drivers are the main roles with Go Montgenevre, based near the Italian border. They will respond to applications after the summer season ends.
* Hucksters Lodge currently has a sorry no vacancies at the moment notice on their employment page but goes on to say recruitment for the next season starts in April 2023 and invites completion of their online application form stating your interest.
* French and Romanian speakers can peruse the offres d'emplois listed on Madame Vacances Recruitment.
* Dominik Lacko, who worked his way up from being a kitchen porter and describes himself as a freelancer in the hospitality recruitment and talent sourcing industry, is active in several ski industry Facebook groups. He often has work in English speaking hotels in several French ski resorts. See his graphic for more details.
* SpoonyCooks is a private chef service based in Morzine, Avoriaz and Les Gets. They don’t advertise vacancies on their website that we can see but do put out calls for catering staff in the Jobs in the 3 Valleys Facebook group (see below).
* British owned Chalet Heidi, bought to sate the increasing addiction of its owners to mountains, is always interested to hear from people who can work and play hard. They want people with catering and bar experience who should be general all rounders as everybody does a bit of everything.
* Select School Travel should soon begin looking for enthusiastic, resourceful and professional peak season reps who will be focused on ensuring that their school groups will experience the best ever ski holiday, both on and off the slopes during the 2023/24 ski season.
* Spend the winter in the Austrian Alps tutoring Britain's budding skiing professionals. Ambition Racing’s teacher position plays a vital role within the ski team. Athletes as young as eight years old join the academy for various weeks throughout the autumn and winter studying each afternoon after a morning’s skiing coaching. More details can be found in this advert from last year.
* Tour operator for 18 to 35's Contiki hires winter on site team members in Austria. The information on their website currently is for summer 2023 so see this ad from last year. Positions vary from site to site but include cooks, assistant cooks, bartenders, housekeeping assistants and grounds/maintenance staff. Applicants should have EU passports but be available to interview in person in London or Sydney.
* Ski School Mayrhofen 3000 employs motivated and friendly ski instructors with the relevant qualifications to instruct children and adults. Instructors should speak English alongside German, Dutch or Russian. We saw Skischule Salober-Schröcken hiring in October for last season and as recently as the end of March for a last minute Easter ski instructor position. Snowboard instructors and childcarers are the other roles here. Take a job in Bad Kleinkirchheim with this ski school and you will probably meet Bobo the skiing penguin.
* Chalet accommodation is sparser in the upmarket Austrian ski resort of Kitzbuhel, Austria. Guests are more likely to stay in hotels. Ski Austria lists hotels in the resort and, while you are there, read their article on the realities of looking for work in an Austrian ski resort.
* Snow loving wait staff, chefs, receptionists, breakfast hosts and bar tenders can each find a place in Switzerland’s Ski Lodge Engelberg. Most positions require German and English.
* Collett’s Mountains Holidays say their ski advisor position in the Italian Dolomites might be one of the few of its kind on offer in the industry. The basis of their holidays is similar to the traditional idea of a ski holiday, but their guests are more often than not outdoor enthusiasts who love the mountains in winter not just the skiing. More than half of them will have been on a Collett’s holiday before, winter or summer.
* Ski Armadillo is an independent company, privately owned since 2001 that, to deliver the bespoke product they offer in Verbier, look for enthusiastic, motivated individuals with a passion for customer service. Chalet host and chalet chef are the roles on offer here.
* On the website of Pub Mont Fort, also in Verbier, is a link with an invitation to download an application form for next season. Questions to be answered include your favourite pizza and funeral song choice. Many other local businesses we once would have listed here are no longer around but Mira Chalet Services, known to hire a gardener and resort assistant, still seem to be a going concern. Their site is in French.
* If you have snow running through your veins, are flexible, love being part of a high performing team, have previous hospitality experience, are over 21, and hold a UK or EU passport, Ski Verbier Exclusive would love to talk with you.
* Zermatt Ski Chalets will be hiring chalet hosts, chefs and managers for the coming winter season. It’s EU passports only there, as it is with Mountain Exposure to be considered for their chalet couple and concierge couple positions, or a chalet host or chef with Elysian Collection.
* Along with their usual language camp offerings, Les Elfes International run school ski trips and ski and snowboard winter camps in the Swiss mountains. Multi lingual ski instructors with previous experience working with children in skiing or other fields are hired, as are snowboard instructors. They were hiring a qualified nurse, ideally sportive, with a snow sports instructor degree who enjoys working with children when we checked out their employment page.
* Ski/snowboard counsellor positions are available with Viamonde for their winter outdoor education programmes aimed at students from some of the most prestigious international schools in the world. Additionally, they want healthcare counsellors and support staff. Flags are used to show which nationalities they can accept. Along with the usual suspects, the USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand are represented for programme but not support positions.
* Corvatsch Park invite applications to find your dream job in their fairytale mountain scenery but their English language jobs page switches to German only for their actual vacancies. German speaking job hunters may also have some joy browsing through the website of Top Secret Sports but we have seen them advertising in English on other websites.
* My-Mountains provides private skiing, hiking and cultural experiences in the Alps. They offer freelance contracts, mostly during holidays and weekends, to English speaking ski instructors in multiple resorts in Central Switzerland.
* Do you find it hard to walk past a crooked picture without straightening it? Are you practical, fast thinking and calm under pressure? If the answer is yes, Chalet La Fenice say you should talk to them. Vacancies in their historic reconstructed building, below the breathtaking Matterhorn and overlooking the ski resort of Cervinia, are listed here.
* Sooner or later Interski, which operates in the Aosta Valley delivering school ski trips and snowsports holidays, will be looking for staff to join their resort team for the upcoming winter season.
* Sempre Ski, a small personable chalet company located in Bardonecchia, employs two hosts, one a trained chef, to run their 12- 20 person chalet.
* An option for Americans wanting to work in Germany is Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Their guests are exclusively US service members and their families stationed worldwide. They have a series of entry level positions for 15 months in their housekeeping, custodial, food and beverage, guest services and recreation departments. They offer transportation from USA to Germany, and free dorm style accommodation for the employment period.
* Total Chalets should have a small number of vacancies for couples or pairs of friends to join their chalet team in Bansko. They began recruiting in early June last year via the news section of their website and their Facebook page, so keep an eye on those if the cheaper cost of living in Bulgaria is appealing. Cooking is an important part of the role, but it is not essential to be a professional chef to work here.
| Bansko |
* Enthusiastic ski instructors can join Swedish Ski School in Sierra Nevada. A high level of English and an EU passport or work permit are required. Knowledge of Swedish would be a plus. There isn’t employment information on their website but last year they used the Facebook groups Ski Resort Jobs and Ski & Snowboard Jobs to recruit in October. Their email is email@example.com.
* Don’t ignore the Pyrenees when looking for work in a European ski resort. Transitions Abroad have some information on working in Andorra.
Help Santa and you can work at the North Pole. Your role as an Arctic Star makes you vital to the success of Canterbury Travel’s tours. You will be accompanying their guests throughout their time in Lapland, and you will be their first point of contact for any issues they may face. Santa himself, Mrs Claus, Tricky Dicky and a green elf are other roles to be had here. The weather can make it a challenging environment working here but some people will say it’s good for your elf.
⭐️Japan Ski Season 23/24 Application Opens
JAPAN > Europe isn’t the only option for hitting the slopes and getting paid for it. Applications have recently opened with Nisade, which employs 140+ seasonal staff to assist in their ski properties in the Niseko, Rusutsu, and Farano ski resorts. Staff are drawn from many countries, including Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Korea, the USA, UK, Europe, Canada, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Visit nisade.com/employment for more information.
| Nisade |
⭐️Opportunities For Multi Activity Counsellors And Domestic Staff Starting In June
SWITZERLAND > Dynamic staff are required to help supervise multi activity programmes this summer in Switzerland for English speaking international schools. Activities include hiking, mountain biking, climbing and orienteering, and counsellors will also participate in a programme of evening activities, supervise meals and be assigned to some wake up, lights out and other duties. Support staff responsible for basic food preparation, food service and cleaning are also sought.
⭐️Beach Club Assistant And Housekeeping
UK CHANNEL ISLANDS > Car free Herm Island has been home to monks and Nazi soldiers but is currently occupied by a permanent community of 65 residents. These are joined in peak season by up to 100 seasonal staff, including a beach cafe assistant and housekeeper. More recruitment information can also be found on Herm Island’s website.
⭐️Kid Club Manager In Dubai
UAE > Though Kings Recruit began advertising this dreamy position for a kids club manager at Atlantis, The Palm a couple of weeks ago they say they won’t close applications until they have a number of appropriate candidates to put forward. As of May 2, it was still open but we recommend not hanging around to apply.
⭐️Tropical Island Volunteer Coordinator
MALDIVES > Atoll Volunteers are on the look out for their next volunteer coordinator to join their team this July in the Maldives for a minimum of six months. The position is unpaid but comes with accommodation, food, internal transfers and weekly excursions.
⭐️Off Grid Tiny Housesitting
PORTUGAL > Mamabear McGowan is looking for an experienced, reliable house and pet sitter for her offgrid project in Castelo Branco, Portugal. Full details in the Work Exchange for Campers & Nomads UK & Europe private Facebook group.
⭐️Zen Glamping Volunteer No Show
FRANCE > In the same group, a no show means volunteers are once again sought to help with creating a Zen Buddhist inspired wellbeing centre Work four hours per day for food and glamping accommodation.
⭐️Summer Camp Counsellors Wanted In Florence And Milan
ITALY > Labsitters is always searching for talented and creative individuals with a love for children to join their team in Italy. They want fluent English speakers, preferably with native pronunciation, to work as camp counsellors for work beginning in June in Florence and Milan. Teaching, baby sitting, mini/junior club entertainers, or summer camp counsellor experience required. As these are day camps, counsellors head home at the end of a day at camp, presumably to their own accommodation, and return the following morning.
⭐️Summer Camp Counsellors Wanted In Thailand
⭐️Let’s Play At English Summer Camps In Hungary
HUNGARY > Orsolya Kertesz posted to the Volunteer Abroad For Free Facebook group for an NGO in Hungary that we believe to be Let’s Play English Summer Camps. They are looking for volunteers for two to six weeks this summer for their children's summer camp. Four meals a day and accommodation is included. Come and make new friends, lifelong memories and discover the Hungarian countryside, she said, but provided no further details beyond this application form.
⭐️Activity Teaching In Germany And France
EUROPE > Are you either a schoolteacher, a trainee teacher or are you studying teaching and looking for a summer job during the school holidays? Your subjects are languages such as French or English, or German or English, one of which is also your mother tongue? The job of the activity teacher is to deliver quality language classes in the mornings and a creative activity programme in the afternoons and evenings, alongside ensuring welfare and safeguarding of the students. This is a residential position; accommodation is offered on site in France or Germany and includes all meals. Those lacking an EU passport can work at a centre in the UK, in Ringwood or Tiverton.
⭐️European Voluntary Service Projects In Switzerland
SWITZERLAND > ICYE Switzerland is looking for nine volunteers between 18 and 30 years old, in the framework of its EVS programme. The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is an exchange programme financed by the Swiss government and is managed by the Swiss Agency for Exchange and Mobility, Movetia. Volunteers will work about between 32 to 38 hours per week and will be involved in the different activities related to the different projects. Travel expenses, board and lodging, and pocket money are provided. Apply by May 31.
⭐️Surf Instructors Wanted
NAMIBIA > Salty Jackal is looking for ISA qualified instructors for their surf camp in Namibia. It doesn’t say in their ad but they reveal in this private Facebook group post that this is a work exchange for accommodation and breakfast (but not dinner) rather than a paid position.
⭐️Physio Bobs Jobs
WORLDWIDE > Search for all sorts of physio jobs, physiotherapy assistant jobs, physio locum or sports physiotherapy jobs courtesy of Physio Bob. Scrolling through the first couple of pages of their job search, we found vacancies in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and the UK.
⭐️Grants For Creators
REMOTE > Credit to Alice Teacake (see above) too for highlightinga Substack sharing grants and paid opportunities for US writers, podcasters, artists, and small business owners.
Thanks for reading the Jobs Abroad Bulletin! If you haven’t already, subscribe for free to receive new posts.
Free Advertising In JAB
Reach tens of thousands of resourceful young people looking for a new challenge. We offer free and premium ways to publicise your organisation and advertise vacant jobs. We do not charge for advertising if you are offering a job abroad or certain jobs in the UK. To post your vacancies to the Jobs Abroad Bulletin website please use our form at https://www.jobsabroadbulletin.co.uk/jobpost.shtml
More information for employers is available at https://www.jobsabroadbulletin.co.uk/freeads.shtml
JAB is thrown together quickly on a shoestring and contains information and advertising that we believe is authentic and currently available. However, we recommend checking things out for yourselves as we could be wrong about everything. We remind our readers that there are many scams on the internet aimed at people looking for work abroad and suggest reading our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams pages.